In 2019, SYPAQ will once again sponsor the Victorian Indigenous Engineering Winter School (VIEWS).
VIEWS is an exciting program for Year 11 and 12 Indigenous students focused on expanding the students’ perspective on engineering. Over six days students get an insight into what it’s like to study and work in engineering.
The program includes:
- Living on campus at the University of Melbourne
- Industry site visits to companies across Melbourne to experience engineering in action
- A day spent at exploring the campuses and engineering study options at four top universities: The University of Melbourne, RMIT University, Swinburne University and Monash University
- Taking part in hands-on workshops that develop the problem solving and design skills used every day by engineers
- Activities that provide an insight into the global challenges that engineering can address in areas such as climate change, renewable energy, land and resource management, robotics, technology and medicine
We are looking forward to meeting this year’s students and following their professional journeys, wherever STEM might take them.